Sunday, November 18, 2012

Homemade Primitive

I have fallen in love with the primitive style of decorating! I didn't used to, but a dear friend of mine decorated her house in all primitives and it just grew on me! Her look is all primitive but, mine is a little bit eclectic.
 I have made a lot of  my wall art myself, I could not find or afford the things I wanted so I would see it at flea markets and think, "I can make that". Here is a collection of things that I have made that have transformed my French country into Eclectic Primitive:

This is a old board that was on the ceiling on the back porch that we attached 4 of the old door knobs that no longer worked. I love the way they look ! Kind of whimsical on an angle, the neat thing about it is, that it was part of our house and it is a one of a kind.!

This is another board from the ceiling, it could not be reused the way it was,so of course it was art! I love how it is kind of beat up. I have fallen in love with crows! I don't know why, they are kind of ugly, but I love to paint them on all kinds of things. This is one of my favorite pieces.


 Do You have a band saw? My father gave me one some years ago and I love it.
A few minutes cutting it out and some paint and twine and your good to go! Do you like Roosters? I love them,
It is not perfect but, that is the beauty of it!



!Skip To My Lou
Made by you Monday!

 These shelves are my favorite things in my living room, I bought one of them years ago and my Dear Husband made the other one to match. I was told the more stuff you put on it the better it will look!
What is your style? Do you like primitives or do you like modern? How about the soft whites and pastels ? Let me know!
Next week I will share some Turkey how to's and how I brine my Turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment