Chicken Cobbler Casserole
Makes 4 servings
- 6 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 4 cups cubed sourdough rolls
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 medium-size sweet onions, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
Toss 4 tablespoons melted butter with next 3 ingredients; set aside.
Sauté onions in remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat 15 minutes or until golden brown. Add mushrooms, and sauté 5 minutes.
Stir in wine and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until bubbly. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch square baking dish; top evenly with bread mixture.
Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden brown
I thought this looked particularly good. I will let you know how it turns out . It would be great severed with fresh corn and and a salad with tomatoes from the garden!
The last of the tomatoes will be picked tomorrow! Maybe I’ll can some more salsa,not sure right now. I have to get out and pick corn tomorrow as well. I’ll be taking some to Julia’s when we go on Thursday to see Zack before he starts Pre-k.
Love to all,