Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Good Week !

929614888_023e157531

The corn is coming in ! We have put up 85 ears of corn so far!

I  do it the easy way! All i do is cut off the ends and then check for worms (ugh) and then put it in gallon freezer bags. So easy and less time consuming.

 

Gardens_VegetableGardensLG

I wish this is the way our tomato plants looked!

However, ours are a little bedraggled looking!  I think i have gotten just about all of the tomatoes,maybe 20 or so left, sad!

I hope to be able to get some at the farmers market to can.

ss_sumSIP811163

The sunflowers are HUGE !  I have planted the colossal,and some that are russet color and some that are almost black! They bare gorgeous!  I hope to be able to use the seeds from the largest ones and use the others for drying and decorating.

 

Wine Grapes, South Okanagan Lake, Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada, North America

 

This is what our grapes look like now.

 

923930277_3ee185ea40

 

This is what I hope they look like in about 3 weeks!  Then it is Juice time. Last year I was able to freeze 10 gallon sized bags of juice and pulp for jelly and drinking. It was better than Welch’s !

724094a1773247dc

 

We have purchased a Massey Ferguson garden tractor with implements! Hopefully this will make Steve’s work easier !

Well that is all for now!  Going to go on a trip to our sons for a few days,so the farm is on it’s own for a while.

Latter….

No comments:

Post a Comment