Friday, August 14, 2009

And The Canning Continues…..

 

 

218225488_c437e01bb2

    Our corn is coming in by the droves! I have put 48 more ears in the freezer. I wish I had tried putting the mineral oil on the tops on the ears before the worms started eating it!  I hate worms!

    I made up a batch of pesto and froze it in small batches. I am not real pleased with the results. It seems to discolor some when frozen. But it tastes okay!

    I canned 2 quarts and 4 pints of marinara sauce. This is the first time I have tired this ,I hope the end result turns out well.

    I need to get more jars for the grape jam,as it will be juicing  time  soon!

   We have had the coolest weather this year. Not at all hot and muggy. I think it has been too cool for the tomatoes and possibly to wet.

   I am thinking about pickling some jalapeno peppers. I have plenty, but I’m not sure I would like them.  I’m going to look into it  and see what it entails. I have to do something with them though.!

No comments:

Post a Comment