Friday, March 22, 2013

Granola Snack Mix

I love Granola! You can make it yourself so much cheaper than you can buy it.When you make it, you can add the flavors and goodies you love and crave! It's win-win!
This is my favorite one to use as a starting point, I never make it the same way twice.

The Best Granola Recipe



5 Cups old fashioned oats
3 cup almonds Chopped
1 cup sunflower seeds
3/4 un-toasted sesame seeds
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
3/4 applesauce
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup honey
2 Tblsp vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
 1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chocolate chips or any kind of chips you would like.
the zest of one orange (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 300*
 Let me say this at this time : I did not have any sunflower seeds or sesame seeds, so I left them out. I added wheat germ. You can put what ever nuts you would like. I put about a cup of pretzels chopped and 1/4 cup Heath bar bits. Like I say you can take it and make it your own. Okay , I will now resume the recipe.....as you were....

In a large bowl mix the first 6 ingredients . In a separate measuring cup mix all of the wet ingredients and pour over and mix , put on two cookie sheets . ( I sprinkled the Heath bits on top of the pans of granola) put in oven and cook for 45 minutes stirring every 10 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with 1/2 cup chips ( I used cinnamon chips) Let the chips and the granola cool . The chips will melt and cause some of the granola to stick together,Yummy clumps of goodness!!

This is so good ! Add what you like leave out what you don't! I think Craisins and white chocolate chips would be good together with a little orange zest. The flavors are limited only by what you have on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment